What we offer
Simply Mail Solutions is an international email hosting company, providing innovative, reliable and cost effective email services to customers all over the world from our base in the UK. We host over 23,000 paid-for mailboxes for professional and business users with a range of complementary services. Our servers are UK-based with 24-hour technical support available to all customers.
- Hosted business email — We offer a range of email packages from our IMAP / POP3 solution MS Exchange Basic to more sophisticated packages which include full Microsoft Exchange functionality.
- Flexible email solutions — We provide Microsoft Exchange, IMAP / POP3, Zimbra CS and Google Apps business email. Giving customers the flexibility to use whichever service they prefer.
- Email filtering — Advanced email filtering is available, protecting you from spam and virus attachments.
- Email archiving — Comply with email archiving requirements and store all your incoming and outgoing messages for up to 10 years.
- Private cloud storage — Create a secure private cloud for your business with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Managed servers — For larger organisations we can provide a fully managed dedicated server, with all licenses, maintenance and running costs taken care of.
- Web hosting — Dedicated business web hosting gives you a complete hosting solution from Simply Mail Solutions.
Whether you are a private individual, sole trader, SME or large corporation we have an email solution to suit your needs.
Why host with SMS
Simply Mail Solutions is a leading application service provider, you can expect the best in the latest technology ensuring maximum utilization of application functionality. In fact, through empowering your hosting requirements with our servers, SMS can advance your business by providing a FTSE 100 infrastructure. By accessing the same communication tools as your largest competitors, you can "level the playing field" in many respects.
For a fraction of what it would cost your company to implement and maintain this application internally, you can benefit from a server without huge capital outlays for new hardware, software licenses and additional IT staff. SMS takes care of all hardware maintenance, software updates and back-end management. In fact, by outsourcing you are actually freeing up your IT team to focus on core business issues rather than system management.
With SMS you receive:
- Secure Hosting in two of the most protected facilities in Europe
- Redundant technical support center and NOCs, each capable of handling emergency situations.
- Server monitoring 24x7 ensures uptime and availability.
- Regular back-up for all hosted mailboxes and associated data.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Unrestricted data transfer.
- Automatic and continuous virus checking of all inbound traffic.
- Exceptional sales and after sales support have contributed to the success of SMS. The feedback we get from our users is fantastic and we pledge to keep it that way as we continue to grow and add more services to our portfolio for our world wide user base. In addition, our multicurrency billing system (currently GB£, US$ and €) allows our international customers to choose the currency most convenient for them, with known costs.
We care about the environment
- SMS was one of the first specialised hosting companies to utilise vmware to virtualise its datacentres, massively reducing its carbon footprint as well as providing industry leading reliability, speed and cost effectiveness for all customers.
Strong Internet Service Background
- The company originates from the same team that set up and ran one of the first and most successful UK Internet Service providers – U-NET Limited. Started in 1994 and a consistent innovator and winner of many awards U-NET built up a tremendous reputation for quality and reliability.
- SMS is strong financially having been profitable since 2008 and funded its own growth from retained profits since then.
Bill Unsworth – Chairman. After an earlier career in scientific instrument marketing (after completing a Ph. D. in Chemistry) Bill has been involved in computing since the late 70’s pioneering the introduction of PC’s into the UK and then in 1994 starting U-NET Limited as one of the very first ISPs. For more info on Bill, please see www.billunsworth.info
Colin Smith – CEO. Colin has overall responsibility and heads up the Sales and Marketing Department as well as Accounts and Admin Departments. Colin helped set up U-NET and was a major factor in its rapid growth and early success. With a background in corporate finance and a degree in Commerce and Economics Colin also saw the potential of the Internet from the early days. He has also been a consultant in the mp3, on-line gaming and digital imaging industries since leaving U-NET.
Keith Pritchard – CTO. Keith is in charge of all technical aspects of the business including the Support Department as well as the Server Management and Product Development Departments. He was also involved with U-NET from the early days and helped the company to provide its unique mix of innovation with reliability and quality of service. He has a BA (Hons) degree in Computer Science, MSc in Information Technology Systems and LLB (Hons.) in Law.
Who hosts with SMS
SMS has thousands of customers some with hundreds of mailboxes! Mostly they are small to medium businesses but individuals also benefit from our innovative and reliable services.
SMS has customers in over 38 countries including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, USA, UK.
Help for the not-for-profit sector
SMS is committed to helping charities and other non-profit organisations benefit from the latest innovations in email technology. They have a right to expert high availability and high performance backed by quality support.
Look at the advantages of MSE Basic for an advanced POP3 services. Consider Microsoft Exchange or Zimbra CS if you want to use collaboration tools such as shared calendars, contacts, tasks or access your email from multiple divices and want it always to be up to date. These tools are especially valuable if staff and volunteers work from home rather than in an office. And of course we offer a full range of add-ons such as anti-spam and archiving.
For small qualifying organisations we may offer up to 20% discount. For larger numbers of mailboxes we will negotiate with our suppliers (Microsoft or Zimbra) and if possible obtain higher discounts which we will pass on to you. The types of organisations that may qualify include registered charities, schools and other educational bodies and other types of not-for-profit organisations.
SMS will offer these special terms at their discretion so give us a ring on (0)1925 818448 and we will try and help. We expect beneficiaries of these special terms to acknowledge SMS as their email providers on their websites with a link and we can also discuss additional benefits if you are willing to promote SMS to your members and associates.